Fairport Youth Lacrosse Policies
- In order to uphold the goals of Fairport Youth Lacrosse and ensure that all participants have the benefit of a safe and fun learning environment, attendees of FYL events must behave accordingly in a respectful, courteous and sportsmanlike manner at all times.
- Any adult who is using alcohol, tobacco or non-prescription drugs and/or appears intoxicated at a FYL event, and/or who is flagrantly rude, attempts to intimidate, verbally abuse, heckles, taunts, ridicules, boos, throws objects and/or uses vulgarity or profane language/gestures with an official, coach, volunteer, staff member, participant or other event attendee, must receive a verbal warning and/or be asked to leave a FYL event. The FYL Board of Directors may also provide a written warning to the individual regarding the misbehavior. The offending adult’s children may also be removed from the event. Any adult who commits one of the above stated offenses a second time, will be banned from any and all FYL events for a period of one year from the date of the second offense, and their children may also be removed from the program(s) for that time period.
- Any adult who physically assaults an official, coach, volunteer, staff member or participant or threatens grave bodily harm may be banned from any and all FYL events for one year from the date of the offense, and their children may also be removed from any and all FYL programs for that same period of time. After the ban has expired, if the individual commits another offense of the adult code of conduct, the individual will be permanently banned from any and all FYL events and the individual’s children may also be permanently removed from any and all FYL programs
FYL’s goal is to ensure that all participants, parents, and volunteers have the benefit of a safe and fun learning environment through FYL sanctioned events, including but not limited to practices, competitions, teambuilding, or community events.
FYL sanctioned events are those that are approved by the FYL Board and are promoted via official FYL communications - which includes email, social media, and/or postings on the website. Non-sanctioned events that misuse the FYL name or imply a connection to FYL create liability issues that jeopardize the future of the organization, hurt organizational reputation, and damage community relationships.
FYL has a zero tolerance policy. The FYL Board will determine corrective action, when the future of FYL is jeopardized, the reputation is hurt, and/or the community relationships are damaged.
Fairport Youth Lacrosse programs are grade-based.
Players are not permitted to play with FYL teams above or below their current grade level.
Fairport Youth Lacrosse follows the same NYSPHSAA Thunder and Lightning policy that Section V Athletics uses.
When thunder is heard and/or when lightning is seen, the following
procedures should be adhered to:
a) Suspend play and direct participants to go to shelter, a building
normally occupied by the public or if a building is unavailable,
participants should go inside a vehicle with a solid metal top
(e.g. bus, van, car).
b) Do not permit people to stand under or near a tree; and have all
stay away from poles, antennas, towers and underground
c) After thunder and/or lightning have left the area, wait 30 minutes
after the last boom is heard or strike is seen before resuming
play or competition.
In order to ensure proper insurance coverage for Fairport Youth Lacrosse (FYL) players, coaches, and Board Members, all Fairport Youth Lacrosse practices, games, and any other lacrosse activities will only be hosted at fields and facilities that have been reserved by FYL.
Conflict of Interest Policy
This conflict of interest policy is designed to help directors, officers, employees, volunteers, coaches, parents, agents, and employees of Fairport Youth Lacrosse, Inc. identify situations that present potential conflicts of interest and to provide Fairport Youth Lacrosse, Inc. with guidelines for transactions where a conflict of interest may exist.
Person with Influence Defined Any person serving as a director, officer, employee, volunteer, coach, parent, or agent of Fairport Youth Lacrosse, Inc. is considered a person with influence.
Conflict of Interest Defined. The following circumstances shall be deemed to create Conflicts of Interest:
- A Contract or Transaction between Fairport Youth Lacrosse, Inc. and a person with influence or their Family Member.
- A Contract or Transaction between Fairport Youth Lacrosse, Inc. and another organization in which a person with influence or a family member hold stock or other forms of ownership or authority to make decisions.
- A person with influence offering services (directly or through a company in which they or a family member have ownership or authority) that compete with Fairport Youth Lacrosse, Inc.
- A person with influence accepting gifts, or other favors from any individual or entity that does business with, is proposing to do business with, competes with, or receives or is seeking to receive aid from Fairport Youth Lacrosse, Inc.;
- A person with influence attempting to solicit business, promote services, events and camps via Fairport Youth Lacrosse social media outlets, onsite at FYL sanctioned events, mailings or by using FYL contact lists to FYL members for personal, business or competing organizational, financial gain, enrollment or other benefits.
Prior to board or committee action on a Contract or Transaction involving a Conflict of Interest, a director or committee member having a Conflict of Interest shall disclose all facts material to the Conflict of Interest, and those facts will be noted in the minutes of the meeting.
A person who has a Conflict of Interest shall not participate in or be permitted to hear the boards’ or committee’s discussion of the matter except to disclose material facts and respond to questions.
A person who has a Conflict of Interest with respect to a Contract or Transaction may not vote on the Contract or Transaction or be present during the vote, or attempt to influence the vote in any way. Board minutes should confirm their absence.
Each new person with interest shall be required to review a copy of this policy and to acknowledge in writing that he or she has done so. It shall be done annually, and will disclose any relationships, positions or circumstances in which the person with interest is involved that he or she believes could result in a conflict of interest.
Fairport Youth Lacrosse, Inc.
Conflict of Interest Information Form
Name: ____________________ Date: ___________________
Please describe below any relationships, positions, or circumstances in which you are involved that you believe could contribute to a Conflict of Interest (as defined in Fairport Youth Lacrosse, Inc.'s Policy on Conflicts of Interest) arising. Refer to the president with any questions regarding conflicts of interest.
I have carefully read the foregoing purpose, background and policy and certify that, except as noted below, I do not, to the best of my knowledge, have any actual or potential conflicts of interest with this organization.